PowerGuard cables are intended for use in wet or dry locations for distribution of single or three phase medium-voltage power. These cables may be installed in ducts or direct buried.
Cross-linked semi-conducting conductor shield, insulation and semi-conducting insulation shield are extruded over an aluminum conductor and cured in a single operation. Uncoated copper tape (helically applied) and overlaying black PVC jacket are applied over the cable core. The conductor Class B compressed concentric lay stranded 1350 aluminum. Conductor shield is an extruded semi-conducting thermosetting polymeric stress control layer. Insulation is extruded EPR. The EPR insulation shall be a premium quality, heat, moisture, ozone and corona resistant thermosetting ethylene propylene; TYPE I, II or III as listed in ICEA S-93-639 or ICEA S-97-682. The cable shall compound the insulation material with in its own or remotely owned facilities. The insulation shall be compatible with both the conductor shield and the insulation shield. The thickness shall be at the 100% or 133% level as applicable and in accordance with the latest edition of ICEA S-93-639, ICEA S-97-682 and UL 1072. The diameters over the insulation shall be in accordance with ICEA S-97-682. Insulation shield is an extruded semi-conducting thermosetting layer, clean and free-stripping from insulation. The metallic shield is flat uncoated 5-mil-thick copper tape helically applied with minimum 20% overlap. The jacket is black, non-conducting PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride).
• Triple-extruded for clean interfaces
• Dry nitrogen cure for enhanced performance
• Class 10,000 environment utilized for material handling
• Excellent moisture resistance
• High dielectric strength
• Low dielectric loss
• Excellent resistance to treeing
• Clean-stripping insulation shield
• Sunlight resistant
• ANSI/ICEA S-97-682
• UL-1072 MV-105
• AEIC CS8 as applicable for EPR insulated shielded power cable
• ICEA T-31-610
Short Circuit.................... 250°C
* Operation at the emergency overload temperature shall not exceed 1500 hours cumulative during the lifetime of the cable.
• Copper conductors
• Water blocked conductor. Tested in accordance with ICEA T-31-610.
• Type UL-1072 MV-90
• TRXLPE Class III insulation for 105°/140°C temperature rating
• Type UL-1072 MV-105
• UL Listed
For information on conductor sizes or voltage ratings not shown in the tables, contact your AWG sales representative or email: email@example.com.
(1) Extruded layer thicknesses and insulation and insulation shield diameters are in accordance with ANSI/ICEA S-97-682 for shielded power cables rated 5-46 kV and also meet the requirements of the latest revisions of AEIC CS8.
(2) Ampacity based on earth thermal resistivity of 90°C-cm/watt, 105°C conductor temp., 20°C earth ambient temperature, 75% load factor and 36" depth of bur-ial. Values are based on one three-phase circuit, one conductor per phase, in flat adjacent configuration (direct buried) with metallic shield bonded at each end.
Dimensions and weights not designated minimum or maximum are nominal values and subject to manufacturing tolerances. In this context, weight means mass.
|A2-01MV15GE0501||N/A 2 / 7||N/A 175||N/A 0.635||N/A 0.720||N/A 0.741||N/A 0.870||N/A 0.080||N/A 62||N/A 52||N/A 364||N/A 165||N/A 125|
|A1-01MV15GE0501||N/A 1 / 19||N/A 175||N/A 0.675||N/A 0.760||N/A 0.780||N/A 0.939||N/A 0.080||N/A 78||N/A 55||N/A 422||N/A 190||N/A 145|
|A1/0-01MV15GE10501||N/A 1/0 / 19||N/A 175||N/A 0.715||N/A 0.800||N/A 0.820||N/A 0.979||N/A 0.080||N/A 99||N/A 58||N/A 463||N/A 215||N/A 165|
|A2/0-01MV15GE10501||N/A 2/0 / 19||N/A 175||N/A 0.760||N/A 0.845||N/A 0.864||N/A 1.023||N/A 0.080||N/A 125||N/A 61||N/A 513||N/A 245||N/A 185|
|A3/0-01MV15GE10501||N/A 3/0 / 19||N/A 175||N/A 0.810||N/A 0.895||N/A 0.914||N/A 1.073||N/A 0.080||N/A 158||N/A 65||N/A 572||N/A 280||N/A 210|
|A4/0-01MV15GTE0501||N/A 4/0 / 19||N/A 175||N/A 0.865||N/A 0.950||N/A 0.970||N/A 1.129||N/A 0.080||N/A 199||N/A 69||N/A 643||N/A 320||N/A 240|
|A250-01MV15GE10501||N/A 250 / 37||N/A 175||N/A 0.920||N/A 1.005||N/A 1.026||N/A 1.185||N/A 0.080||N/A 234||N/A 73||N/A 710||N/A 350||N/A 275|
|A350-01MV15GE10501||N/A 350 / 37||N/A 175||N/A 1.015||N/A 1.100||N/A 1.129||N/A 1.288||N/A 0.080||N/A 329||N/A 80||N/A 861||N/A 425||N/A 330|
|A500-01MV15GE10501||N/A 500 / 37||N/A 175||N/A 1.150||N/A 1.235||N/A 1.257||N/A 1.416||N/A 0.080||N/A 468||N/A 89||N/A 1070||N/A 520||N/A 405|
|A750-01MV15GE10501||N/A 750 / 61||N/A 175||N/A 1.340||N/A 1.425||N/A 1.444||N/A 1.603||N/A 0.080||N/A 703||N/A 102||N/A 1410||N/A 655||N/A 510|
|A1000-01MV15GE1051||N/A 1000 / 61||N/A 175||N/A 1.485||N/A 1.575||N/A 1.593||N/A 1.812||N/A 0.110||N/A 937||N/A 113||N/A 1822||N/A 760||N/A 610|