For use on single phase and three-phase primary underground distribution systems operating at 15kV phase to phase at 100 % insulation level. Suitable for either direct burial or installation in ducts.Construction
Aluminum concentrically stranded compressed conductor, triple single head extruded conductor shield, TRXLPE (tree-retardant cross-linked polyethylene) insulation and easy strippable insulation shield, all dry nitrogen cured; solid bare copper wires uniformly spaced around the cable as a concentric neutral; LLDPE jacket with extruded longitudinal colored stripes, surface printed.Standards
- AEIC CS8 Specification for Extruded Dielectric Shielded Power Cables Rated 5 through 46kV
- ICEA S-94-649 Standard for Concentric Neutral Cables Rated 5,000 - 46,000V
- ICEA T-31-610 Guide for Conducting a Longitudinal Water Penetration Resistance Tests on Blocked Conductors
- ICEA T-34-664 Test Method for Conducting Longitudinal Water Penetration Resistance Tests on Longitudinal Water Blocked Cables
- UL-1072 MV90
- EPR insulation
- Filled strand
- Cable core water blocking
- Ampacities are based on the NEC.
- Cable Tray: Three single cables, installed in uncovered cable tray in accordance with NEC Section 392.13; operating at 105 ºC conductor, at an ambient temperature of 40 ºC.
- Buried Duct: Three cables per duct operating at 105 ºC conductor, 20 ºC ground ambient, earth ρ = 90, 100 % load factor.
- Conduit in Air: Three cables per isolated conduit in air at 40 ºC; operating at 105 ºC conductor (NEC Table 310.73).
- Maximum conductor temperature: 90 ºC normal continuous, 130 ºC overload, 250 ºC short circuit.